Saturday, July 26, 2008

Age

This spring, while teaching, there were many times I was mistaken for a student instead of the teacher. Yesterday while waiting to catch a bus from downtown Charlotte to home, a woman asked me if I attended Johnson&Wales. And then last night I was carded and the person carding me was surprised that I am almost 28 and asked me if I felt old.

I think the main reason that people may perceive me as being younger than I am has to do with how I dress - blue jeans, flip flops and hair in a pony tail on most occasions.


Is there some specific period of time that you are supposed to start dressing a certain way? To look your age? I don't really feel "my age" - whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...