Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Family Reunion 08

I should be working, but I am feeling highly distracted and unmotivated, so I am writing a quick note instead.

We got back on Monday from a wonderful family reunion - this one was the best one yet. I just wish my brother (Mark) could have been there. Anyways, we had a great time and missed those who could not make it.


We tacked on an extra day and everyone seemed to agree that it made a huge difference. We were all able to relax and enjoy being together as a family.


These family weekends definitely make me regret that I don't live closer to any of my family, but I treasure every minute that I have with all of them.


One of my cousins (Andrew) was in an accident earlier this year and it was emotionally healing for that family to be together and to have the love and support of our extended family. Another one of my cousins (Rachel) was baptized on Sunday, so that was neat to experience as a family.


We had the usual - special time and cards, though I don't think I played a single pinochle game. Mostly I just enjoyed the visiting and the laughs. The funniest being when my 5-year-old cousin (Beverly) dressed Daniel up with her Pretty Pretty Princess jewelry (see pictures).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...