Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IT Faculty

Tonight was the kickoff orientation for all of the adjunct faculty at the community college I teach at. Since I began my first round of teaching in the Spring Semester, I missed all of this useful information the first time around.

For the Fall Semester I am only teaching one class. The thing that I find to be comical is this: I am teaching an art class. It is basically a Color Theory and Two-Dimensional Design class combined into one. This is straight up ART. The funny part is that I am technically listed as being a part of the Information Technology Department. What do ART and IT have in common? I am not quite sure.


I was late for the orientation (I had to miss the dinner), so when I got there I sat at a table with other departments. The IT Department table was full of guys - not a single female in the entire department (besides me and I am truly teaching an ART course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...