Monday, May 24, 2010

Broken Motor Mount???

Saturday night Daniel noticed a slight tremor in the Subaru. And I mean slight. Like when he had me test drive it, I barely noticed. In fact without him pointing out the shudder, I would have been clueless.

I know he was feeling pressure about having a last-minute vehicle problem. Especially since he had to drive back to Chattanooga the next. After much discussion {with such options as me riding my bike to work for a week or Daniel just driving the Subie, ignoring the problem}, we agreed that the best option was for Daniel to take the Altima back to TN and for me to take the Subaru to our local Subaru-gueru to get a second opinion.

So today I drove up to Concord, NC to find out what the problem is. Stephen from 42 Autosports is pretty cool. He listened to me. Then took me for a spin in the vehicle to get a feel for the problem. Then he put the car on the lift to check out the problem. He had me come out in the shop to show me the problems. Then gave me a quote and I gave him my thoughts of what Daniel would say, but requested that he call Daniel directly - which he obliged.

Turns out that our Subaru needs new wheel bearings in the back - boo. Though not as bad as a busted motor mount like Daniel originally feared. So, they let me know that I should not drive to Nashville next weekend {as planned} without getting it fixed. We agreed to let them fix it. And they called Enterprise to get me a rental {they pay for half}.

So I waited. And waited. And eventually the guys at the shop realized I was still there {thankfully I had a book to read}. It was 6PM and Enterprise supposedly closes at 6... so one of the guys offered to drive me over to make sure I could get a vehicle. That would have been quite a challenge to be car-less 40 miles from home! Anyways, it all worked out and I will have the Subaru back tomorrow.

If you have a Subaru and live in the Charlotte area, check 42 Autosports out - they know their stuff, they have great prices and they really talk to you about all of your options {whether you want to do it yourself, buying parts from them OR have them do the work for you}. Even as a girl, I didn't feel uncomfortable in their shop. I didn't feel like they treated me any different for being a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...