Saturday, May 22, 2010

The House.

I'm feeling somewhat frustrated about the whole house selling thing. Specifically I am frustrated with our realtor. Starting out, we went with a price (with her guidance) and committed to it. The last week of April we talked to her about going ahead and dropping our price and she advised us not to.

Then April 30th passed and we have had no showings in 3.5 weeks. This past week, she sent "new" data and advised us to consider dropping 5-10K now and then regularly dropping until we get an offer. That is all fine and dandy, but the stats have changed very little since we first put our house on the market. So my frustration is that I feel that we were ill-advised on the front end. I know you can't predict the market, but we even questioned her specifically about fears about the market dropping off after this artificially inflated time of people trying to get their last minute credit from the government.

It is frustrating when you are paying for a service (or at least we will once the house sells) and I feel like our realtor should be doing a better job of advising us - after all she is the expert.

Overall, selling our house has been very emotionally draining. Intellectually I know it shouldn't be so emotional. After all, it is a business transaction, but that doesn't stop the frustration. Hindsight is always 20/20, but there is a part of me that questions if we did the right thing by turning down the low offer... Truthfully we would have come down more and we were surprised when they didn't even try to negotiate. I suppose you live and learn.

I feel like I am mad at our realtor, I am mad at God {I guess I don't really feel like he is in control right now, even though I know he is} and most of all I am mad at myself for not trusting God {or the realtor, or the process}. Daniel and I have been separated for almost 3 months and I am ready for this phase of life to be over. Please pray that something works out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...