Wednesday, June 09, 2010

100 Days


Yesterday marked 100 days apart.*
 
Just to visit me in Charlotte, Daniel has driven over 8,000 miles. 
He should win an award.
 
To visit him, I have driven over 3,000 miles.
 
I have eaten more than 200 meals alone... 
I am guessing more than half-of-which were take out.
 
I don't have to share the remote control, but that is of little consolation.
 
Daily dropped calls are annoying.
 
Saying goodbye does not get easier.
 
On a bad day, regret over not accepting a ridiculously low offer lurks in the shadows.
 
Praying we don't have to wait another 100 days.

*This number is a reflection of the consecutive number of days we have spent living 400 miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...