Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Project 52 Date Nights - Change of Plans

Saturday we decided to go see Shakespeare in the Park. It is a FREE 2-week long event in Uptown Charlotte. The play was Comedy of Errors. It was something I really wanted to do. Daniel could take it or leave it, but since he loves me, he was willing to attend a free play for a date night.

The play didn't start until 8PM, so I decided to cook dinner at home. The recipe was Pioneer Woman's CPK's BBQ Chicken Pizza. I love PW and we love California Pizza Kitchen, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I followed the PW recipe, only adding baby portabello mushrooms because I love them. Well, I must have made my crust too thick because it took 40 minutes {instead of 17} to get the crust to brown. While we waited {and waited}, Daniel decided to take care of some yard work.

By the time we {finally} ate, wrapped up our yard work and took showers, it was almost 8PM. It is a 20-minute drive Uptown, but Daniel said we should go anyways. I complied, though I really didn't like the idea of being late to a play. We got to Cotswald and Daniel said he needed to stop and get a Gatorade. While we were there, he filled up my tank with gas since it was basically empty.

I sat in the car and tried not to stew. We were going to be really late. When he got back in, I asked him how he would feel about being 20 minutes late for a movie. We agreed that it probably wasn't the best plan to go to the play. I tried to not be annoyed. I really wanted to go. But I also knew that Daniel was exhausted. And the yard work really did need to be taken care of before he went back to Chattanooga.

I suggested that we run to Harris Teeter for the Gatorade and pick up a Red Box selection instead. Even though I really wanted to see the play, it was for the best that we went home. Daniel needed to crash - especially since he had a 6-hour drive to make the next day.

Maybe we can catch Othello in August. In the meantime, I am going to see Macbeth with a friend from work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...