Thursday, June 03, 2010

...

So... we have known since January that Daniel had the job with TVA and that we would be moving {eventually}. Although he didn't start until March 1, we have officially known/been preparing for this transition for the past 5+ months now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a daily planner that I use to keep track of my projects at work. Earlier this year, when we developed the monthly schedule for the magazine I design/layout, I only updated my daily planner through the end of May. I suppose I was hoping to be moved to TN by now. Whatever the reason, I just realized that I am still in Charlotte, NC and I am about to start work on the August issue of the magazine. With no true end in sight, I sat down {yesterday} and filled out my planner for the rest of the year. Trying not to be too depressed about this {or the fact that our house has had ZERO showings since the end of April}...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other not-so cheery news, my Grandpa had surgery on Tuesday to remove a tumor {they knew going in that he had colon cancer}. The doctor's were able to remove the tumor but the cancer has spread to his lymph nodes. We are still waiting to hear an official prognosis and planning a visit to Canada for the week of July 4th...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I am feeling particularly lonely this week. Which is odd since it is a short week (thanks to the Memorial Day holiday) and Daniel will be home tomorrow. Most of the time I am fine, but this week not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...