Sunday, July 25, 2010

Before & After

The siding and roof are finished. It was quite the process to get this work completed. It can be a hassle working with contractors. The up side is that the work generally gets finished quickly {once they start}.

We are sad to be leaving our little house on Morganford Road. We learned a lot through renovating this home and our skill sets have grown tremendously.

I will miss drinking my morning coffee on the deck; sitting in our red rocking chairs on the front porch and chatting with the neighbors; laying in our hammock under the starry sky; taking showers in our AMAZING custom shower {I am always going to compare future showers to this one}; my kitchen {it was small, but I loved the openness and connectivity it had with the great room}; the huge garage made Daniel a happy man...

We really poured our hearts into this home and we are sad to leave. I am sure we will find new projects to take on in the future... maybe our next project will be to actually build a house...

The exterior BEFORE:

It was light yellow siding with red/brown brick, a red/brown roof and white trim.


The exterior AFTER:


I couldn't get great pictures since it is summer and the trees are full of leaves... The house now has dark gray siding with red/brown brick, a slate gray roof and white trim. I think the white trim really stands out against the gray siding.


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with closing today and heading to TN. Was that the color the new owners picked and is it vinyl siding? Looks great.
    H. Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! We picked the color and it is vinyl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sure looks great! I love the gray vinyl siding too!
    Best wishes with the closing today!
    - Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least, you've had one last memory to keep of this house through this renovation adventure. Personally, reinventing a house before putting it on sale is more than just making it standout in the market. I believe, you are preserving the house which you lived in and making a sort of new place for the future owners. In a way, the certain house with the exterior look and interior arrangements you've spend years of your life in would only be yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...