Thursday, July 01, 2010

the good. the bad. the random. (Selling the Morganford House, July 2010)

The Good.
Offer for the house is signed and in hand. Escrow money has been submitted from the buyer. Inspection is scheduled for Friday.
The Bad.
We need to have our porch fixed {which we knew up front}, yesterday Daniel called to schedule the work and the contractor flaked out on us. This means we have to go with a more expensive contractor OR try to find another person to do the work. We have 3 weeks to complete this!!! ALSO we are waiting for the check from the insurance company {for our roof/siding job}. Daniel called the insurance company AND the roofers - turns out both companies were waiting on the other for info!!! So we are going to be cutting it close to get this stuff wrapped up before July 26. The roofers say that it will not affect our closing if they don't finish before July 26. However, they are confidant that they will finish and all of this will be a non issue. All of this makes for increased stress on our part.
The Random.
My mom says it was 55F in Canada last night - all of us southerners are going to freeze! Though it will be a nice break from the heat of the south.

The Good.
We leave for Canada tomorrow night. Hopefully this trip will give us a break from worrying/thinking about the house.
The Bad. 
I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have spent Canadian Independence Day (July 1) in the USA and then spent American Independence Day (July 4) in Canada. This year is one of those years.
The Random.
I have also spent these holidays in various other countries: Canada Day in Rome {Italy}. American Independence in Edinburgh {Scotland}. I am confidant that I have spent both of these holidays in PNG at some point in my life.

The Good.
I went to see Macbeth with a friend last night. It is always interesting to see a Shakespearean play where the actors wear fairly modern attire but speak in the language of Shakespeare.
The Bad.
I skipped out on an invite to see Eclipse with Friends on Tuesday night. I have a full-time job so didn't feel like I should go to a midnight showing. I also didn't feel like spending $10. Or watch a movie based on books I haven't read. I just have no desire to read/watch anything about vampires. I know that I am a minority.
The Random. 
I don't care for Harry Potter EITHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...