Sunday, March 06, 2011

Girl's Trip


I just spent a week with my sister, my 20-month-old niece and my parents in my hometown of Searcy, Arkansas. 


It was a nice respite and I decided to take a break from blogging.


It was a lovely week. Angela and I shared a room, a true throw back to growing up. 


It was nice being around a toddler and experiencing the world through her eyes: big belly laughs, learning new words and generally appreciating everything. 


As always, it was great to see our parents: there was great food, discussions about books we had recently read and of course, scrabble. 


We also were blessed to see our Aunt and Grandma.


We visited old haunts: including the Harding campus and a trip to Bobby's (now Maddie's) for breakfast. 


I ran into a high school friend {at the drive-in at the bank of all places}. 


My dad and I discussed gardening and he provided me with some starter seeds for the garden I am planning on planting soon.


Izzy had to be a part of everything: including making her own pizza...


and helping in the garden.


I managed to get in my first 6-mile run {I figured skipping a week of running while training for my first half-marathon would be a bad idea}.


 I also managed to read two books during the week: The Happiness Project and Same Kind of Different As Me.


The only negative to the trip was that Izzy tripped and fell on Friday, breaking off part of her two front teeth on a concrete floor. She is a real trooper and wasn't phased by the experience... her mommy on the other hand was pretty upset.

I am home now. We are bumming it today because Daniel managed to come down with Bronchitis while I was gone and is still feeling pretty crummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...