Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{Peanut Butter} Banana Bread


This afternoon I felt like making Banana Bread and I have been waiting for the right time to make this Banana Cake recipe that I found at I am Baker

Unfortunately as I started baking, I realized that I was almost out of butter {this seems to be a recurring theme when I make treats}.

So what's a girl to do? Give up? Go to the grocery store? Search the cupboards for a different snack? I opted to google "butter substitutions" and decided that peanut butter would be a worthy substitution {and I had just enough on hand}. 

It worked like a charm.

I now need to add butter and peanut butter to my grocery list...

Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Recipe adapted from I am Baker

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed overripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
1. Prehead oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a {separate} large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. 
4. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended. 
5. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture {I added it in four stages}.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan {I sprayed my loaf pan with Pam}.
7. Bake at 350 in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes {or 35 to 40 minutes for mini loafs}
8. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. 
9. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...