Thursday, March 17, 2011

This and That

I am not wearing green today. 

It is amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you. Last night my lower back was really aching and my right knee was pretty angry from yesterday's run. I was dreading being in pain today when I woke up, but amazingly I feel fine. Not even a twinge of pain anywhere. Yay for sleep!!!

Last night during a Skype conversation, my parents told me a funny story about my mom getting mad at my dad this past weekend... my dad did something and my mom was so mad that she wrote on a piece of paper in big letters I AM SO MAD and then told him that she was going to church. He asked if he could still go with her to church and she told him to get in the car. I am thankful that my parents can laugh about this experience – maybe this is why they have been married for almost 35 years?

We are on week #3 of having only one working vehicle. Week 1: I was out of town, visiting my parents. Week 2: I had to get up at the crack of dawn to drive Daniel to work. Week 3: Daniel is borrowing a friend's motorcycle to get to work. Week 4: HE FIXES the Subaru and his motorcycle!?!?! That is the plan for this weekend...

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what's wrong with the subaru? I hope our used subie lasts a long while w/o need for too many repairs. Hope Daniel finds the time to get at least one of the other vehicles working by the time the work week starts.
    H. Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forrester has a head gasket problem {that we were aware of as it is a common thing with this age Forrester}. He pulled the engine 2+ weeks ago and has just run out of time on the weekends to put it back together. While he has the engined pulled he is doing some other general maintenance... no biggie.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...