Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Daniel!

This year for Daniel's birthday I asked him what he wanted to do. He would have loved to go ride four-wheelers in the mountains but he didn't think I should be out on mountain trails at this point in my pregnancy {I would have gladly tagged along, but am trying to be respectful of his wishes}. Anyways, I offered to let him invite one of his buddies and go without me, but he decided to defer for now.

He also thought about going shooting, but again, this isn't something that I can really participate in currently. So he finally decided that he just wanted to stay home and get the garage organized. It would have been nice to go do something, but we have truly been busy every single weekend for the last month, so having a weekend at home was actually kind of nice.

Sunday we decided to head down to Huntsville to run some errands, see a movie at the dollar theater and then have dinner at Connors Steak and Seafood – Daniel actually took me here for my birthday last year and we really loved it.

We had mozzarella sticks with marinara for an appetizer, followed by a fresh loaf of bread. Then came a Caesar salad for Daniel and we shared the Fish and Chips plate with an added side of collared greens for me. Dinner was excellent.


Afterward we wondered over to Barnes & Noble to browse the books and magazines. One of the things I miss most about living in the city is our weekly date nights to bookstores {that and Starbucks}. Anyways, after browsing for awhile, we made our way to Orange Tree Frozen Yogurt. You buy your yogurt by the pound. Without thinking, I filled my cup all the way up! Daniel was more conservative with his amount of dessert. It was all delicious. 


I hope Daniel enjoyed his low-key 31st birthday weekend. At the very least, I know that he is thrilled to have the garage organized.

3 comments:

  1. That low-key kind of date will soon become a big deal once you have a little one around. Trust me on that. I have two of 'em. We had a "big date" last week where we went to Red Lobster and then to see Crazy Stupid Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are definitely trying to prepare ourselves for the more "low-key" lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 31st Birthday to Daniel. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that mean the most!!!

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...