Monday, August 20, 2012

Edith Ann's Taste of Home Diner


After church on Sunday, we decided to do a little exploring and headed south on Memorial Pkwy in Huntsville. We normally head the other direction towards Research Park and University. We discovered there wasn't much when you head south. We made a quick stop at a Home Depot so that Daniel could pick up some supplies he couldn't get in Scottsboro, and while I waited in the car {and Jack napped} I googled "Best Breakfast in Huntsville."

I am a sucker for breakfast joints and since moving from Charlotte, we haven't really found one that we love. I guess I should have utilized Google sooner. The first place to pop up was Edith Ann's Taste of Home Diner and it happened to be less than a mile from where we sat in the Home Depot parking lot. It had good reviews on Urbanspoon {and some not-so-great ones} and was awarded best breakfast in 2010.


It is truly a hole-in-the-wall diner, but that happens to be my fave. Between us we ordered scrambled eggs, smoked ham, bacon, hashbrowns, toast, biscuits and gravy and blueberry pancakes. It was a ton of food and met my expectations for a good country breakfast. The wait staff was a little slow, but very friendly and kept my coffee hot.

Funny story: While we waited for our food, an older gentleman came over to our booth and asked Jack if he had a piggy bank... then proceeded to give him a $1 bill. A little while later, another older gentleman came over and pulled a nickel from behind Jack's ear and gave it to him. Not sure what it is about Jack but people {even old men} seem to be drawn to him. The small diner atmosphere is nice with a baby. Jack looked around and smiled at everyone. There was plenty to see. When he is a bit bigger, we might sit at the counter so that Jack can watch the kitchen.

Edith Ann’s Taste of Home Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...