Monday, September 10, 2012

Cousins are a Blessing


I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is that Jack has cousins who live close by – one of which is his same age.


It is amazing to be to see the difference that 3 months can make. Right now Levi is a bit behind since a 3 months difference between 7 and 10 months is pretty big, but the time is coming when the differences between Jack and Levi will be indiscernible.


It's a good thing that my 3-year-old niece, Izzy, can hold her own because one of these days she is going to have two little boys to contend with.



Right now Levi is great at army crawling and you can tell he wants to be able to do what Jack can do. 


Jack can crawl on hands and knees and is intent on getting to anywhere that he can stand up. He is very curious about what cousin Izzy is up to. 


Izzy, on the other hand, is full of laughter and busyness. 


She is at a stage where she really loves her brother and cousin, but is not always happy about having to share her toys, or worse, having her toys moved by the little guys.



It is amazing to see how different each child is. It is also interesting to see glimpses of similar expressions in these three kiddos. Levi obviously looks like his parents, but every once in awhile he makes a face that looks so much like Jack that it gives me pause.


I am looking forward to seeing the relationships between these three cousin blossom. 


I am so glad that we live close enough to get together somewhat regularly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...