Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pin It: Homemade Coffee Creamer

It has been awhile since I wrote a Pin It post. Crafts are hard to get to these days, but cleaning tips and recipes abound in the Pinterest world and I definitely take advantage of utilizing those pinboards. I still rely heavily on my Google Reader for my weekly meal planning, but Pinterest has been great for recipes that just sound good.


This morning I tried making Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I love my Coffeemate, but it is full of all sorts of ingredients that aren't real and I had been eying this recipe for some time. It was easy enough to make. Heavy Cream, Whole Milk, Maple Syrup and Vanilla. Heat and steep for 20 minutes. I'll be honest, it is decent, but definitely not as sweet as I like. The next time I make this, I think I will go with brown sugar instead of maple syrup and double the amount of vanilla.


Last week I tried the Brownie in a Mug recipe. No picture, but not too bad for a last minute dessert when we were out of ice cream. I have some ideas for improving this recipe. If I get around to it, I will make it again and post whether or not my tweaks improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...