Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Walk Down Memory Lane: Our First Home Reno


One of the best things about keeping up a blog is that it becomes a history of us. The ups and downs. The accomplishments. The growth. 


This is my 10th year of keeping an account of our life together and it can be such a blessing to look back on where we've been as we also look ahead to where we are going.


Recently Daniel got curious about the first house we ever owned. He was not in Charlotte for the final weeks of getting a new roof, siding and windows, and he also missed out on the actual closing. So he has always felt he didn't get closure when we left Charlotte.


To quench his curiousity, he decided to google our old house to see if he could find photos of the siding updates. It's been 6 years and he was surprised to discover that it is currently on the market


We checked out the interior photos online and were pleasantly surprised to learn that very few changes had been made. All of the updates we had worked so hard on have withstood the test of time. 


Which makes us feel good about all of those decisions we haggled so much over!


We have updates we need to make to our current home (some minor, some not so minor), but every once in a while I get the itch to work on a big renovation again (I just don't want to live in it while we do it!). You can click here to read about our renovation process and see finished photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...