Friday, October 27, 2017

Father-Son Hike: Mushroom Rock


Part of our homeschool experience is taking Jack for one-on-one hikes on trails that are in close proximity to our home.


Typically I am the one taking him on these hikes, but with homeschool everything is flexible.


So, when I had a doctor's appointment that I scheduled, Daniel took time off work and took the opportunity to go on the Thursday hike in my stead.


I am so grateful for the time I have with our first-born in the woods, but I am also glad that occasionally Daniel gets these same opportunities. These photos and videos in this post are from their hike.


Mushroom Rock is Jack's all-time favorite hike. It is about 2.5 miles round trip and he loves to run on the trails, and will run most of the way. He also likes to attempt to climb Mushroom Rock, and walk on every fallen log he comes across. He really has amazing balance!


I do want to note that they took a turn and got lost for a bit (not in a scary way). I have never gotten lost on our hikes ;) Knock on wood!


Notes from the hike:
Location: Mushroom Rock Hike with Daddy
Date: Oct. 26, 2017
Time: 9:30-11:30am
Weather: Mid-50s, sunny
Comments from Jack: "This morning was good because we got to see Mushroom rock. It was so awesome!"


Previous Nature Hikes with Jack:
September: Green Gorge, Althaus Park, and Mabbit Springs
October: Reflection Riding Center (Monday Nature Day with friends),  Joyce Kilmer Wilderness Among Trees (hike we did as a family), Greenway Farms Nature Day (family archery lesson and hike)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...