Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last Hike of 2017


Our last hike of 2017 was a cold one! We decided to take the boys for a quick hike to Green Gorge – it's a favorite spot and not too far from our house.


We decided to do the hike in reverse of what we normally do. As usual, Jack ran ahead and explored all that was to explore. It's nice being familiar with a trail.


Jack has a favorite tree, favorite spots to climb, and loves to sprint across the swinging bridge, and also attempts to cross the creek.


Since it was so cold, I was trying to keep the kids from crossing the water. Jack happily hopped on some bigger rocks. It was all fun until Isaac stuck a foot in the frigid stream.


So I hurried everyone back to the car. Daniel carried Isaac (I told him that was the consequence since he wasn't stopping the silliness of water play when it was below freezing).


But to be honest, freezing or not, wet feet or not, the kids still had a great time.


And our family enjoyed another hike together to finish out 2017. I hope these special moments will stay with our boys for years to come and that they will always come back to the woods and the memories that are tied to them.


Cheers to the end of one year and the start of the next!


Previous End of Year Hikes:
Snooper's Rock (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...