Saturday, December 16, 2017

15th Anniversary: Toccoa River


Earlier this year, I had imagined that Daniel and I would take a trip, just the two of us, to celebrate our 15th Anniversary. 


Perhaps Colorado where we honeymooned? Maybe Europe, or The Caribbean? That was my hope.


But that didn’t happen. Instead we spent a weekend as a family in the North Georgia Mountains.


As I sat on the bank of the Toccoa River on the day of our anniversary, I realized that this is the life that I love and that I chose, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 


We spent our special day as a family. 


We hiked to the Toccoa River swinging bridge. We played in snow. We wandered in old forest. 


And it was perfect. 


Daniel and I ended the night by stealing away, just the two of us. 


We ate at Harvest on Main in Blue Ridge, GA. It was 32F and we ate outside on the restaurant porch, under a heat lamp. 


The food was delicious, even if the temperature was a bit frigid. We still enjoyed our time alone.


We ended the night at Walmart, because we are the parents of small children and we needed diapers. 


Life is busy, not always what you expect, hard at times, but always good. 


Happy 15th Daniel! I’m so glad to spend my days with you. 

A Look Back on the blog:
Five Years  |  Six Years  |  Skipped Seven Year Post  |  Eight Years  |  Nine Years  |  Ten Years  |  Eleven Years  |  Twelve Years  |  Thirteen Years  |  Fourteen Years

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...