Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017



We have so much to be thankful for.


I’m thankful for family and the opportunity to be together, whether we are silly or having serious conversations around the campfire.


I’m grateful for our children and the fact that they were able to spend several days together, playing Nerf wars and Sardines, going on hikes on our property, and letting their creativity shine.



I’m thankful for the blessing of good food and helping hands to make the work light.


I’m thankful that we can laugh at mistakes like soupy potatoes, or my inability to buy the “right” kind of marshmallows for s’mores. 


I’m thankful that we had the chance to talk with my Nana who is in a nursing home in Canada. I hope she was blessed as we passed the phone around. 


I’m thankful for a warm, safe home with enough beds and floor space to accommodate 15 people comfortably. 


I’m thankful for perfect weather and this chance to be with loved ones. 


Happy Thanksgiving!

It has become a bit of a tradition for the kids to put on a Talent Show for us when they are together (spearheaded by their Uncle Mark, of course). 


Isaac really wanted Izzy to carry him to go for a hike.


Isaac didn't want to miss a drop of ice cream. 


Levi demonstrated the Sock Hop for us to "Barbara Ann"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...