Monday, June 22, 2020

CVSD: Day 102 (Father's Day weekend)

Friday was the 100th day since we started social distancing. This is a weird time, because cases are going up in our state, while life is simultaneously becoming more normal. It's like we all just hit this wall where fear became less of a focus. We can't live in the state of flight or fight forever, so here we are.


Friday night we went to a friend's house for an outdoor, (somewhat) socially distanced birthday party. Reality suggests that when we are with people, we kind of naturally fall into old habits and routines. I am not sure what to do with this. Every time we interact with someone new, I am a little on edge for the following 5-12 days. But with each encounter, and each passing day, the fear becomes less of a factor.


Saturday we went with friends to do our annual rafting trip on the Hiwassee River. The river was packed. This year we bought our own kayaks (us) and tubes (our friends), so we didn't have to shuttle with strangers. It was so fun to do a normal adventure, celebrating the dads.


On Sunday, for Father's Day, our church met in the field behind the building for worship. Everyone brought their own camp chairs and communion. Those who were smart brought umbrellas or pop-up tents for shade. It was so good to see so many people who are important to us. I did hug a few people. I really needed those hugs, but today I have been feeling a sense of guilt and praying that no one gets sick.


We are supposed to go camping starting tomorrow. Unfortunately Daniel took our SUV to get tires rotated and balanced and the mechanic broke a bolt on one wheel and was unable to remove it. Daniel brought it home and is attempting to fix it here. On top of that he needs to finish up something on the camper slide, finish a presentation for work for Wednesday, AND we had a death in the family last week and funeral tomorrow morning. Life is feeling a little complicated in that regard at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...