Monday, May 21, 2007

Camping/My Journal


We had a really good time camping with Angela & Robert this weekend at Fall Creek Falls. The weather was perfect and overall the campground was good. Daniel and I generally avoid campgrounds - we prefer camping where there are no people, but we made the exception so that Angela could sleep on an air mattress ;)

  
Anyways, the first night Daniel and I got stuck in the overflow camping area and it was awful b/c we were crammed in next to other people. The 2nd night we did manage to get a nice secluded spot with lots of trees and no one around - which was much better.


This weekend I came to the end of my "written" journal. I keep a written account of all trips that we take. Sometimes I make other people write their thoughts - thank you Angela, Robert and Daniel - I might even posts yall's thoughts later. 


I looked back through my journal b/c it is sad to come to the end but it is also an exciting prospect to start a new one. This journal actually started with a camping trip to Myrtle Beach with my brother in the summer of 05 and it ended with a camping trip to Fall Creek Falls with my sister and brother-in-law this weekend.
 

This journal has spanned several trips to TN and AR as well as our trips to Oregon and Canada. It has brief thoughts on hurricane Katrina and war. It covers my frustration with work as well as the elated feeling of quitting a job. There are trips with friends and trips with family. Our summer of bad luck, our hitch hiking experience. 


I periodically look back at where we were compared to where we are now. Life speeds by so quickly, sometimes it is nice to stop and think about the past.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...