Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meteor Shower

Daniel and I attempted to stay up last night and watch the 2008 Perseid Meteor Shower. The peak time was supposed to be between the hours of 2 and 5 a.m. after the moon set, but supposedly you would be able to see some activity after dark.

I say
attempted because we did not actually see it. Sometime after 11 a.m. we took our pillows, a blanket and some bug spray into the back yard to lie down under the stars to watch and wait for the show.

We talked for a little bit before falling asleep under the night sky. Sometime after 1 am, we were woken up by two cats making terrible noises and a German Shepherd barking at the cats. Still no signs of meteorites.


By this time we were groggy and it was starting to get cold, so we gave up and went inside to sleep on our comfortable bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...