Sunday, February 28, 2010

Basketcase


Daniel left today and I have been an emotional wreck. Who knew that this experience would be so trying? Worse is that Sophie is really taking it hard. It is amazing how much she seems to know. All day long, she just laid on the our over-sized leather chair, staring forlornly out the living room window.

When Daniel packed up the car to leave, she wanted to go with him. She refused to come inside and I had to drag her in which made me feel terrible.

Daniel and I had a late lunch together at The Original Pancake House and then said a tearful goodbye in the parking lot. Afterward I ran some errands, then came home and took Sophie on a long run. We both needed it. Not sure how we will get through the coming week.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both this week. There really is no way to prepare for this kind of thing, but enjoy your time together. I was also an emotional basketcase yesterday...I'm ready for our saga to have some kind of resolution.
    H. Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HH. I don't know how you do this every week. We think about you guys all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay motivated to do the little things and look foward to the weekend!! *Hugs* and call me anytime! -AS

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...