Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Pancakes

To be honest, we have continued to be crazy busy with last-minute projects on our house {and the snow weekend didn't help either}. Trying to get your house ready to sell is very time consuming. On top of that, there is the underlying stress that Daniel will be leaving in 1.5 weeks and I will be on my own until our house sells.

On the one hand, I want to be spending every possible minute together. On the other hand, if the house isn't ready to sell before he leaves, we will be separated for an indefinite period of time. Nice little catch 22 for us.

So due to ongoing exhaustion, DATING continues to be a challenge. At this moment, I am grateful just to go to bed at the same time. If we have time to snuggle in front of the TV, even better.

As I stated in a previous post, we are not really celebrators of Valentine's Day, but we did take time on Sunday to run to The Original Pancake House to enjoy breakfast and spend {non-house related} time together. Having a conversation that did not revolve around the laundry list of projects we have left to finish was nice.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to squeeze in a little date in the mist of all the craziness with your house. Good luck with finishing up the house and selling it. Thanks for sharing your date with us and we'll see you next week.
    Tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...