Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Love You Moore than Valentine's Day

Daniel and I have never been into Valentine's day - not even when we were in the dating phase of life. Mostly we feel that {like most holidays} V-day is way too commercialized.

We believe that we can {and should} express our love daily and not save it up for a special day. We don't exchange cards or gifts {we don't do this for birthdays or Christmas either}. We feel that those things are more meaningful if they come at unexpected times during the year.

Today we "celebrated" by: Going to church. Daniel heading up to Troutman, NC to pick up a muffler for our Subaru while I went grocery shopping and cleaned the house. Running to The Original Pancake House for lunch {breakfast}. Spending the rest of the day working on the house. Watching the Olympics. The usual weekend stuff.

The most interesting {unconventional} gift we ever did agree to buy was rappelling gear. This was expensive (rope, harnesses, gloves, etc.), but provided us with a long-lasting hobby that we have enjoyed and shared with many friends and family members over the years. It is hard to believe that we met about 9 years ago and have been married for 7+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...