Saturday, June 19, 2010

House Update

We had a house showing on Thursday. It was unexpected. I got the call after a moment of brokenness, crying in my bathroom during my lunch break. Seems like my mom has a similar story - though her story is about wanting a new home after living in a very small house with an outhouse in the mountains of Papua New Guinea. My parents lived in this house for four years, two of which included two small children {my sister and I}. At the end of four years of waiting, my mom had her own moment of brokenness, crying in her outhouse...

Anyways, my house story is not about an outhouse, but it is about waiting for God to answer a prayer request. I was on my way back to work {after the crying in the bathroom} when I received a call requesting a showing for that afternoon. I said YES and turned my car around to ready the house for the showing.

According to the follow-up comments, the couple liked our house. They also liked the area and neighborhood. They are considering a second visit next week, though they were concerned about the windows {which is an understandable concern since the windows are 30+ years old} and they aren't crazy about our kitchen cabinets. It is in God's hands. We have let them know we are willing to work with them on the windows.

I am trying to have hope, but to also be realistic, while not allowing myself to become cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...