Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chipotle, Shrimp and Mushroom Pizza

 
This was going to be Shrimp Quessadillas... unfortunately I was short on tortilla shells, so I opted to make a Chipotle, Shrimp and Mushroom Pizza instead. I just made up the recipe as I went along.
Chipotle, Shrimp and Mushroom Pizza
Ingredients:
1 Mama Mary's Thin and Crispy Crust
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chipotle salsa
1 cup fiesta blend shredded cheese
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup red onions, chopped
1/2 lb shrimp, {I use frozen shrimp with the tails}
 
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven and a pizza stone at 500˚ F for at least 30 minutes.  
2. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
3. Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil.
4. Thaw shrimp, then peel tails off of the shrimp and add to the sauteed veggies.
5. Spread the salsa on the crust in an even layer
6. Layer evenly with the fiesta blend cheese.  
7. Spread mushroom, onion and shrimp mixture on top of pizza.
8. Lower the oven temp to 425˚ F.
9. Transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes.
 
Daniel is not a huge mushroom or shrimp fan, but he still liked this pizza. It reminded me of an open-faced quessadilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...