Saturday, November 01, 2014

Frozen Trick-or-Treat

My family lived in Canada (southern Ontario) for 3 years when I was in elementary school. I remember having to plan our Halloween costumes around our snowsuits because there was a good chance there might be snow on the ground (or at the very least, it was going to be cold).


I haven't been trick-or-treating in close to 20 years and my first time back doing so reminded me of those years in Canada.


We almost didn't take Jack trick-or-treating, mostly because we are lazy smart parents and Jack wouldn't know what he is missing til next year. But our friends were going and their youngest kids are close to Jack's age, so we decided to suck it up and go with them.


It was cold. And rainy. And windy. 40º easily felt like 20º with the windchill. Initially Daniel teased me for bundling up Jack so much because "I was cold" but I'm pretty sure Jack was thankful for the extra layers.


Jack did really well and stuck it out in the cold for a solid hour. Then he fell down, we took away his water gun (so he wouldn't fall again) and he had a toddler-sized melt down. Not taking a nap could have had something to do with the melt down (or maybe it was just the frigid air)!


The kids all did really well overall, even though I know they were all frozen!


This morning we woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground... all of the many Frozen cast members running around, collecting candy last night, must have brought the early chill!


I hope you and your family had a great Halloween! Now that Jack has been initiated into the world of trick-or-treating we are committed to doing it every year until he is too big to care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...