Skip to main content

Baby #2: 19 Week Ultrasound

This morning we had our big ultrasound where we learned that our baby is healthy and growing on track for the April 18th due date. Our baby's current size is 9oz. We heard a strong heartbeat of 148bpm, and saw all of the appendages, along with a good spine and sweet profile. 

For this ultrasound, we had Jack tag along so he could see the baby. On the way there, we discussed how we were going to see the baby at a special doctor's appointment. I explained we would go in a dark room and I would lay down and we would see the baby. In the car, Jack seemed pretty on board with the experience. Once there, he was shy and quiet. He pointed out that every time the ultrasound tech pushed a button it made a beeping noise. He's 3, so I'm sure he didn't totally get what was going on, but it was sweet to share this experience with both him and Daniel.

This pregnancy has been so different from my first. We have decided (for now) not to find out the sex of baby #2. With Jack, we were excitedly picking out names as soon as this big ultrasound was over. This time we are just taking it slow. To be honest, I haven't even thought about names.

According to a previous blog post about my pregnancy with Jack, it is interesting to see that the heart rate of baby #2 is similar to what Jack's heartbeat was at this point. Also, looking back, it seems that I am showing about the same in this pregnancy as I was with Jack. However, this baby is very different in that it is extremely squirmy. The ultrasound tech had a hard time getting good pictures that weren't blurry! Jack was really mellow in the womb, so I am anxious to discover if this baby will be busier outside the womb. Also, being pregnant in the winter verses the summer has been different in terms of being sick. I am still fighting off a chest cold. Thankfully my OB gave me a couple of prescriptions that I am hoping will help me at least sleep at night.

As always, getting to see your baby on an ultrasound is a sweet experience. I'm thankful there was no need to be anxious at this appointment. We were able to just relish the experience. Next week I will post about being halfway through this pregnancy.


  1. Great post Cheree! Congratulations on baby #2! What is your favorite restaurant? Remember to add it to your Besty List!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Update: 32 Weeks, What's It Like to Have Polyhydramnios

I have had some questions about how I am feeling so I thought I would share what it has been like for me to experience Polyhydramnios with this pregnancy. If you have missed my previous posts, I have too much amniotic fluid in my uterus which makes my belly really big and it also causes early contractions (and possibly labor) because my body thinks it is further along than it is. For me it meant a hospital stay at almost-30 weeks to stop contractions.

Yesterday I had my follow up with the high-risk OB. Their ultrasound measurements showed the fluid is currently 21cm (which is below the risk). The measurements are a bit of an art project with different people getting different numbers (last week I was still measuring 25cm). The doctor I saw said they will continue to measure and assess me on a weekly basis for now. According to him, once I make it to 34 weeks, they would not try to prevent birth if I went into labor. He also mentioned wanting to induce me at 38 weeks. We shall see... my…

Weekend Project: Sign Art

UPDATE 01/07/16
This project is by far my most viewed post thanks to Pinterest and also this blog post from Make Magazine in 2014. If you are interested in purchasing a PDF of the words from me, you may do so for $20. Contact me at cheree dot moore at gmail dot com to make the purchase. If you make your own sign, I would love to hear about and see your results!

For some time, I have been intrigued by the idea of transferring printed art to wood. Specifically the transfer of words (or typography). Sign art is all over the internet – be it blogs I follow or Pinterest – and I have had an itch to try my hand at it. 

Daniel and I had some scrap wood from pallets from our move to Alabama that was in good shape and I thought that this wood gave me the perfect opportunity to create a (cheap) sign for our living room.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to go on the sign and then it took even longer to research how I would do the transfer. Actually doing the project took even longer sin…

It's the Final Countdown

Three long years ago, we learned that Daniel was going to be relocated from working in Hollywood, Alabama to two hours north in Spring City, Tennessee. We knew it was coming, but it still turned our world upside down. We spent eight months living out of suitcases, in and out of hotels and vacation homes during the week, until finally settling into our current home on Signal Mountain.
We both felt strongly that we made the right choice in regard to the location of our new home, but we knew it would be a difficult journey – Daniel's new position promised long hours, with a 70-minute commute each way. We were told the job would last about a year, so we hoped and prayed for the best.
To say it's been a hard experience would be an understatement. Jack went through a phase where he didn't believe that Daniel lived at our house. Which was kind of true. For months on end, Daniel worked 6-7 days a week, and sometimes weeks at a time without a day off. The hours were lo…