Thursday, March 08, 2007

Conforming in the business world.

I was grabbing a coffee this morning after my work out and I noticed that the girls behind the counter had their noses pierced. It struck me that around age 21 and beyond, people start to change. The piercings are not as obvious, the tattoos are hidden, the jeans and flip flops begin to disappear. Is it because we reach an age of accountability or do we actually lose ourselves in the process of becoming "adults."

When was the last time you walked into a real estate office or bank and you saw someone that stood out. It seems that at this age, the individuals begin to go into hiding. Maybe they still try to own their youth by wearing leather pants on the weekends. Maybe they secretly go out and get another tattoo. Maybe they still pull out the jeans and flip flops on casual Friday.


Have you begun to lose your individuality? Does it show up in other ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...