Saturday, March 10, 2007

motorcycle...

Daniel has been very antsy lately since he not been able to walk in a week. This is understandable since he is not the type to sit around doing nothing. He has a million hobbies, all which do not involve being sedentary.

Today he decided that he needed to fix his motorcycle since we only have 2 weeks left to get it inspected. Unfortunately for me, this means that I get the task of finding him tools and holding things in order to help him since he still cannot put weight on his left leg.


The first thing that we had to do was to move the motorcycle. Being the intelligent person that I am, I pulled up the kickstand and attempted to roll the bike to the correct spot in the garage. (I know how to ride a motorcycle but that does not always mean I do the brightest things). It turned out that I had my balance wrong and the 400 lb bike tipped over. I attempted to recover and pull it back toward me but was unable to counter the extra weight. Instead I got a pulled muscle in my calf and had to drop the bike on the ground. At least it is an older bike that already has scratches and dents on it, but Daniel was not exactly thrilled.


Can you imagine if we both had bum legs? I am not sure how we would function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...