Saturday, April 17, 2010

Normal ?

It has been quite the day. I woke up early, but ended up taking a nap mid morning, which almost caused us to miss a showing...

I let Daniel sleep in because he stayed up until 2 a.m. changing out a CV joint on the Subaru. While I waited for him to get up, I enjoyed some time in the hammock with Sophie. While outside, I found a tic on Sophie {first of the season}. I immediately took her inside to remove the little sucker. In my rush to deal with the tic I left my cell phone on the hammock...

During the tic incident, Daniel got up. Then we had breakfast together and I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up at 10:45 a.m. and checked my email to find one follow-up email from our realtor and another requesting a showing from 11a.m. to 1p.m.

Since it was almost 11, this put me into a bit of a tailspin. To top it off, I could NOT FIND MY PHONE. We ran around getting the house ready and it dawned on me that the phone might be on the hammock. We managed to leave our house by 11:30 a.m., just as the people showed up.

Incidentally, this was a THIRD showing. A young single female {approximately our age} who was bringing her mom by. We later found out that this buyer was taking her mother to look at six {very different} houses today... I don't know if that bodes well for us. 

Yesterday we had a SECOND showing by a single male {approximately our age}. We are praying something pans out soon, as we are anxious to wrap this up.

This afternoon our garage doors were replaced - we ordered doors without windows, but they showed up with windows. We are only paying for ones without, so that worked out to our advantage.

Dinner was a quick run to Chick-fil-a followed by Lowes then the dollar movies. Afterwards we went back to Lowes {and Starbucks for me} then to our friends {Brett & Sally} to visit and pick up some stuff for Daniel to take back to Tennessee. Right now Daniel is fixing a small thing with the garage doors and I am doing his laundry. 

I am wondering when our lives will return to normal and what that kind of normal will look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...