Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Project 52: Date Nights - Mountain Opry

Our date {weekend} turned out to be very busy for us, but I will just hit the highlights. I drove down to Chattanooga {Friday morning} to spend time with Daniel and our friends, Chris & Courtney & kids.

Friday:
For lunch, Daniel and I had a picnic of barbecue from a local Signal Mountain haunt, then I napped. After a {homecooked} meal of Poppyseed chicken {a recipe from Daniel's mom that I had passed along Courtney}, we all headed to the Mountain Opry.

Saturday:
Homemade breakfast followed by a long day of house hunting {we saw some good stuff, we just need an offer on our house first}. Then a short hike {we had to make it up to Sophie since we dragged her around in the car with us all day}. Dinner was another home cooked meal followed by a game of Go Fish with the kids. Followed by some exciting news from C&C. Visiting then bed.

Sunday:
Hot cinnamon rolls for breakfast followed by church. Then to Chris' parents house for a family Easter lunch. Then a long drive home for me.

There was a lot of good stuff this weekend, but I want to tell a little more about the Mountain Opry. First of all, it was FREE. And it is every weekend on Signal Mountain. We truly enjoyed listening to local Bluegrass bands. Sitting there, listening to the talent, I had a vision of the future. I can really see us living there. Going to hear Bluegrass with family and friends on the weekends. Little Sadie (age 3) was dancing in the aisles. Courtney says that sometimes they let her get up on stage and clog with the older women. It was such a sweet sight and it all feels like home. 

I was really sad to come back to Charlotte on Sunday night. I am more than ready to be in Chattanooga with Daniel. I am ready to be closer to our family and friends. I am so ready. On a bright note, we have two showings tomorrow {one is a second showing} – please pray that we get an offer.

2 comments:

  1. Are you moving out of Charlotte? What's the scoop? Or maybe i should just browse the blog for some answers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you got an offer on the house! what a fun weekend full of dates. thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...