Monday, August 16, 2010

the good. the bad. the random. (Camper Living, August 2010)

The Good.
We had a busy weekend that ended with a beautiful sunset on Sunday night {in my unbiased opinion, Tennessee has some of the best sunsets ever}.
The Bad.
One of the campers next to us had come up from Mississippi for the week hoping to get away from the heat. Too bad for them, the mountains are no cooler than anywhere else in the US.

The Random.
The weather in the mountains is amazing. From our mountain {Raccoon}, we watch the storms roll in on Lookout Mountain {about 4 miles away} and it can be completely clear on Raccoon.

The Good.
We discovered the world's largest drive-in movie screen {more about this in tomorrow's post}.
The Bad.
It doesn't get dark until late, so the double feature starts at 9:15 PM.

The Random.
Random thing about downtown Chattanooga: in some places you back into the street parking. I have never seen this before. It makes it possible for more cars to fit on the street and it is much easier to pull out into traffic when you are ready to leave. I kind of like it.

The Good.
I landed my first freelance gig in Chattanooga. I really didn't think I was going to find work in this area, so big relief. In addition, I get to work from home {err, my camper}.
The Bad.
Earlier this year, my laptop crashed and I lost all of my software {which I didn't have discs for}. So I will be getting new software shortly {thank goodness I can get by on Adobe trials for now}. The work will pay for the software and the good part about this is I think I am going to make the leap to CS5!!!!
The Random.
I know you will be disappointed, but the freelance job is not as a tattoo artist.

The Good.
Two weeks into our camper experiment and we have discovered that living in a camper is really not that difficult. And saving money makes it an even sweeter deal.
The Bad.
I know I wrote earlier about how we missed having a big bathroom and being able to take a nice shower, but that part really isn't that bad. Showering in a big bathroom is a luxury, but I can live without it. The HARDEST thing BY FAR is not having a dishwasher. Dishes don't go away. Plus the lack of countertop space makes doing the dishes even harder. I can handle a lot of things, but the dishes are driving me a little crazy {especially considering that I try to cook at least 5 times per week}.
The Random.
Out of curiosity, Daniel and I went to Camping World on Friday to peruse the various RVs. We looked at pull behinds {under $20K}, we looked at 5th wheels {mid $20's} and we even checked out a toy hauler {$50+K}. There are some seriously nice campers out there. And the interiors are HUGE. Not a single one of them had a dishwasher...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...