Friday, February 25, 2011

Runner's High

I think I finally experienced my first runner's high. This afternoon, while our husband's worked on fixing their motorcycles, my running buddy and I decided to go try out the cross country course at the local high school. 

The course is made up of various trails allowing you to do up to 3 miles at once. We ran a portion of the trail counter clock-wise and then turned around and ran it in reverse. According to MapMyRun we managed to get in 3.58 miles

The trail is composed of several hills and decent scenery {in and out of the woods}. Towards the end I found myself slowing down on the hills and I kept thinking that I needed an AC/DC song to come on my iPod. Right before the last half mile, Back in Black came on and I found myself picking up the pace. I flew down the last hill and was almost sprinting. It didn't matter that I was dead tired. I felt strange, tired but also somewhat euphoric. I think Laura was surprised that I was picking up my pace, but she picked it up too. We finished, out of breath, but I felt great. I think I need to spend some time making a play list that makes me want to run {especially on the hills}.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...