Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Running Progress

So today I ran 8.5 miles and managed to maintain a 12:24 minute pace, but it was tough. It also means that I am about 3/4 of the way to running my first half marathon. I am pretty proud of myself since my longest run to date was 6.3 miles – it turns out that tacking on the extra two miles today was totally mental.

During those last two miles my lower back started aching; I ran out of water {I have been running longer distances with a Camelbak}; AND the hills were unbearable {as in I just had to keep telling myself to put one foot in front of the other at a pace that was probably slower than a walk}. But in the end none of that mattered because I did it!

From a cardio standpoint, I felt great after the run, but my quads were definitely starting to complain. I'm a sure that I will sleep great tonight.

Only 6.5 weeks until the Nashville marathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...