Monday, November 19, 2012

Lately

After Jack's birthday last weekend, we have chosen to take it slow. I know that Thanksgiving is this week, but since I am not hosting, I am not in that frantic world of trying to figure out menus or feeling like I need to get my floors clean.right.this.minute.


The Monday after the party, I told Daniel I was off duty. No cooking. I needed a break.
So we went to Cracker Barrel.


It was so worth the 30 minute drive. Just to eat buttery vegetables and sit by the warm, crackling fire. Jack was very interested in the fire. And the deer head hanging above the fireplace.


We spent the week being lazy. And the weekend. It was great to do next to nothing.


Sunday morning, Daniel's dad drove down to spend the day with us. He met us in Huntsville for church.


After church we went to Cantina Laredo – one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (we went there for both Mother's and Father's Day this year!).


Wesley then took Jack for a stroll while Daniel and I finished up our meal. The two of them came back with a teddy bear :) That is what grandparents are for, right?


Then we walked through the outdoor mall at Bridge Street. It was such a pretty day, so we decided to ride the carousel.


I'm not sure what Jack thought about this contraption that went up and down and round and round.


I do know that it made me a bit dizzy. You won't find me on the teacups any time soon!

 
It was a beautiful day. We enjoyed just taking it easy.


We are looking forward to spending more time with Daniel's family later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...