Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I have been thinking a lot lately about how becoming a mother has changed me. This made me think about how my mom must have changed when I was born, since I was her first.

Me and my mom when I was 5 hours old

Before I had a child, I didn't know how excited or thrilled I would be when my child mastered new skills. I also didn't know how fearful I would be of things like fevers. Or how much pain I would feel over scrapes, bruises or kids who can be mean. Being a parent is truly having a small part of you walk outside of your body.

Jack and I, right after his birth

I am so thankful that I have been blessed to experience the first years of motherhood through Jack – the good and the bad. I am thankful that my own mother gave me life and experienced the good and the bad as well. I feel blessed to be surrounded my so many wonderful mother figures – from my own mother to my mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, sister and friends. They have all taught me so much.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...