Sunday, February 01, 2015

2015 Book 3: Insurgent

A photo posted by Cheree Moore (@mo_haus) on
The last book I read in 2014 was Divergent by Veronica Roth and it made me want to start reading again. The story and writing really pulled me in and made me want to read more. With the upcoming release of the movie, Insurgent, I was anxious to read the second book in the trilogy.

While Divergent sucked me, Insurgent felt like it droned on and on. There were so many characters to keep track of, even though it was predominantly about Tris and Four. Also, their relationship and all of its issues seemed to take up an enormous amount of the book, without any real resolution. I just didn't get into it, like I did the first book. 

I am still looking forward to seeing the movie and reading the final book to the trilogy, but I could only give this a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...