Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cabin Fever


Following the excitement of my 2 nights in the hospital, our entire little family came down with a stomach bug that has been going around. Jack and I lucked out with a 12 hour version while Daniel was out for a week. According to Daniel's doctor, our entire neighborhood was sick. On top of that I was supposed to rest for the week after my hospital stay and then we had the recent winter storm. All in all, I was basically stuck at our house for the last 11 days and starting to go a little stir crazy.


After the sign off from my doctor, I have been anxious to return to life as usual, while still taking it easy. So even though the trees were covered with ice and the temps were in the teens, Jack and I were determined to get out of the house (Jack specifically asked to go dig dinosaurs).


We started the day with pancakes (it's Pancake Day after all). Then made the trip to town so that I could work out. I have been missing my time at the Y – both the social and physical aspects. Note to the college-age childcare workers: If you haven't seen a pregnant woman in almost two weeks, don't tell her that she "got huge since the last time you saw her."


We rounded out our afternoon with a visit to the Creative Discovery Museum so that Jack could "dig dinosaurs." Besides digging he got to touch a live corn snake. He was very fascinated by this experience. This was a good day and I'm hoping I didn't overdo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...