Thursday, December 31, 2015

Top 10 in 2015




At the start of December I realized that it was going to be a very busy month so I sat down and made a schedule and emailed it to Daniel so that we would be on the same page.


At the top of the list was family photos and a Christmas card. Unfortunately that was one of the things that got dropped. I was disappointed that we didn't make this happen, especially when Christmas cards from loved ones started showing up in our mailbox, but in all honesty, not doing the card was the right thing for us this year.


Hopefully next year will be the year we get back on track with cards. We do hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please know that we love you, even if we didn't get our act together with the Christmas card thing this year.


Even though we didn't get Christmas cards sent, we do want to continue our tradition of sharing our Top 10 List for the year, so here goes...



10. Our family grew by one sweet baby boy. Isaac entered the world in April and we have been so blessed by his arrival.

9. Exhaustion. Along with this bundle of joy has been a level of exhaustion that I had forgotten about. Juggling an infant, a 4-year-old, and Daniel's long work hours has made for a very tiring year for all of us. We are all ready to enter a more rested phase of life (that's coming, right?!?).

8. This year we braved taking our little family of four on a trip to the beach and also to the mountains. I'm so grateful that our little guys just bounce along and do whatever we do without much complaint.

7. Jack started his second year of preschool this fall. We love our little precocious 4-year-old and can't wait to see what the future holds for him. At this stage of life, he is really interested in learning and we try to facilitate that love as much as we can.

6. Isaac's little personality is really starting to blossom. He has big grins for everyone, almost all of the time. I think he will develop a wonderful sense of humor and keep us all on our toes. At 8 months he is starting to look more and more like his big brother.

5. Daniel and I both turned 35 in 2015. We never really feel old until we interact with kids in high school or college and then we suddenly feel our age.

4. Fun outdoors continues to be an important part of our lives. We took Jack for one final paddling session right before Isaac was born. Since then we have taken both boys on quite a few hikes and even managed some family bike rides. We are committed to not waiting until they are older to introducing our boys to our hobbies. I do have to confess that I am looking forward to when they are big enough to try mountain biking and backpacking!

3. My freelance business continues to keep me busy, my client list even grew this year through word of mouth. I am so grateful for my amazing clients and the fact that I can continue to use my graphic design skills in addition to being a full-time mom.

2. After two years of working a really intense work schedule (sometimes upwards of 80-hours each week) with long commute times, Daniel is finally back to a 40-hour work week. We are not going to know what to do with the extra time, though there is no shortage of things on the honey-do list! We are so grateful that life will hopefully have a less frenetic pace and we can slow down and enjoy this time together. Daniel still has a long commute time, but at least his hours have improved dramatically.

1. This year we celebrated 13 years of marriage. A trip to the mountains as a family was our way of celebrating.

That wraps up 2015, we are looking forward to all 2016 has to offer. We hope that you are blessed in the coming year!

Top 10 List from Years Past: 
2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | We skipped 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...