Skip to main content

14th Anniversary

I have been sharing a lot online for going on 10 years now. TEN YEARS! That's a little crazy, if I'm being honest. 

And perhaps I have shared too much, and maybe I haven't painted an exact picture of real life, but rather the happiest version of real life because that is what I want to remember.

But overall I'm so thankful that I have shared. I've done it for my parents and grandparents who live far away from me, but mostly I have done it for me and Daniel and our little family. 

And when I look back at these snippets – the instagram photos, the blog posts, the stuff on Facebook (thank you On This Day moments) – it reminds me that the good parts in life are really good. 

And when I'm having a hard day, or month, or year, I can look back and remember that good times are always there, sprinkled in among the mundane and harder moments.

Fourteen years ago, Daniel and I married on a cold Monday evening, surrounded by family and friends. What followed has been years of ups and downs. 

There have been exhilarating moments, trying moments, moments of sadness and also moments of great joy. We have seen each other at our best and worst. We have hung on through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, for richer and poorer. 

When my days are feeling rocky, I only have to glance back at these collections of memories and remember that the good times are worth more than anything I could ask for. 

Daniel Moore: I'm so glad we chose each other and that we share this life together, on the good days and the bad. I love you forever.

A Look Back on the blog:
Five Years  |  Six Years  |  Skipped Seven Year Post  |  Eight Years  |  Nine Years  |  Ten Years  |  Eleven Years  |  Twelve Years
  | Thirteen Years


  1. you are a reflection of
    the strenghth of 2 gtodly people who have put it together for all of us to celebrate with you


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Update: 32 Weeks, What's It Like to Have Polyhydramnios

I have had some questions about how I am feeling so I thought I would share what it has been like for me to experience Polyhydramnios with this pregnancy. If you have missed my previous posts, I have too much amniotic fluid in my uterus which makes my belly really big and it also causes early contractions (and possibly labor) because my body thinks it is further along than it is. For me it meant a hospital stay at almost-30 weeks to stop contractions.

Yesterday I had my follow up with the high-risk OB. Their ultrasound measurements showed the fluid is currently 21cm (which is below the risk). The measurements are a bit of an art project with different people getting different numbers (last week I was still measuring 25cm). The doctor I saw said they will continue to measure and assess me on a weekly basis for now. According to him, once I make it to 34 weeks, they would not try to prevent birth if I went into labor. He also mentioned wanting to induce me at 38 weeks. We shall see... my…

Weekend Project: Sign Art

UPDATE 01/07/16
This project is by far my most viewed post thanks to Pinterest and also this blog post from Make Magazine in 2014. If you are interested in purchasing a PDF of the words from me, you may do so for $20. Contact me at cheree dot moore at gmail dot com to make the purchase. If you make your own sign, I would love to hear about and see your results!

For some time, I have been intrigued by the idea of transferring printed art to wood. Specifically the transfer of words (or typography). Sign art is all over the internet – be it blogs I follow or Pinterest – and I have had an itch to try my hand at it. 

Daniel and I had some scrap wood from pallets from our move to Alabama that was in good shape and I thought that this wood gave me the perfect opportunity to create a (cheap) sign for our living room.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to go on the sign and then it took even longer to research how I would do the transfer. Actually doing the project took even longer sin…

It's the Final Countdown

Three long years ago, we learned that Daniel was going to be relocated from working in Hollywood, Alabama to two hours north in Spring City, Tennessee. We knew it was coming, but it still turned our world upside down. We spent eight months living out of suitcases, in and out of hotels and vacation homes during the week, until finally settling into our current home on Signal Mountain.
We both felt strongly that we made the right choice in regard to the location of our new home, but we knew it would be a difficult journey – Daniel's new position promised long hours, with a 70-minute commute each way. We were told the job would last about a year, so we hoped and prayed for the best.
To say it's been a hard experience would be an understatement. Jack went through a phase where he didn't believe that Daniel lived at our house. Which was kind of true. For months on end, Daniel worked 6-7 days a week, and sometimes weeks at a time without a day off. The hours were lo…