Monday, November 05, 2018

Mohaus Schoolhouse Week 11

Week 11 of our school year had a rocky start. We have had a hard time settling into normal and there had been a lot of tension around school. 


The good news is I reached out and got advice and encouragement and we had a much better week. So thank you to everyone who commented here, talked to me in real life or online. All of your comments really encouraged me and I was able to regain my perspective.



One suggestion was to take the week off and hone in on what was important to me in our schooling. I didn’t take the week but I did take time for reflection and prayer and to really consider my approach to school.



It dawned on me that I was trying to fit us in a box. And that didn’t really play to my strengths. So we took a break from all the things that were weighing us down, causing tension. 


We met friends for breakfast in our Halloween costumes, we visited the library. We spontaneously started a new study on happiness that I think will benefit the whole family.

We enjoyed Halloween related activities. And carved a pumpkin as a family. The kids painted. We read a book about Zombies found in nature. 




We trick-or-treated with our best friends. I got more creative with writing exercises. It was an overall better week in so many ways. 

We are currently listening to Peter Pan. The Young Ben Franklin podcast has us ready to do a deep dive into the life of Benjamin Franklin and I have picked up a bunch of books to start reading this week.



It’s November so we will be writing down things every day that we are thankful for.

And we ended the week by celebrating my birthday all weekend. Having the support of family and friends, both online and in real life makes the hard parts of life less hard. So thank you all for your words of encouragement and birthday wishes.


What Our Homeschool Looked Like in October:
Week 7 (Sept. 30-Oct. 6)
Week 8
(Oct. 7-13)
Week 9 (Oct. 14-20)
Week 10 (Oct. 21-27)
Week 11 (Oct. 28-Nov. 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...