Friday, July 16, 2021

Praying for Miracles

Two ladies I love dearly have advanced stages of cancer. After reading through a book about prayer together called "Draw the Circle" a group of us joined our friend Ashlea on a prayer walk to pray on behalf of her and an upcoming scan. I carry both of these women in my heart and prayers daily.
For the  prayer walk we walked a total of four miles, circling Ashlea’s oncology building seven times. We began and ended in prayer together. We wrote messages of encouragement for her along the path. We circled the building in a literal circle of chalk. I don’t even know how to describe the experience. I don’t know how God will work but I know he is in control and whatever happens, he will be glorified.
  
After our walk, we went for dessert, because even when showing up for the hard things, we can live and laugh and love each other and enjoy the pleasures of life together!
 
 
Two days after the prayer walk, a group of us decided to rise early at our individual homes across the Chattanooga area and pray on behalf of Ashlea and her oncologist visit that would happen that morning. We all texted her pictures of sunrises as we saw them across the valley. I am normally a late sleeper and only get up early for really important things, but this morning I rose with purpose to pray for my friend. I kind of think I should do this more often.
 
 
 
Update: Ashlea's brain scan came back showing her growths had shrunk and they felt like they could no longer call it brain cancer. Praise God.

Update 2: Brain cancer will always be a thing with Ashlea. Right before Christmas 2021, she learned she had some new growths. I continue to pray for her and love on her. None of us know how long we have on earth. God is still working in her life though. My other friend also continues to fight her cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...