Thursday, July 01, 2021

Weekly Hikes: Ritchie Hollow to Blowing Falls

We took a small portion of our hiking group to do a waterfall hike for our weekly hike. It was four miles round trip, with a big portion uphill to the actual waterfall. 

It was hot and sticky, and the waterfall I promised as the reward turned out to be basically dry – not even a real pool at the bottom. It was disappointing. But the ones that stuck it out, finished the hike. It wasn’t our best hike. It was miserable at times. But, we still completed what we set out to do. Life is kind of like that. It isn’t always amazing. Sometimes it’s hard and the rewards are meh. 

Our family motto of sorts is: We can do hard things. When hikes (or life) gets hard, I remind the boys and myself of this motto. Afterward we went out for cold drinks and donuts at Dunkin, because sometimes you need a pick me up after a disappointing and hard experience. 

This was my 40th hike for 2021 (40/52). We completed 4 hot, sticky, miserable miles bringing me to 123 miles hiked this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...