Friday, April 16, 2010

No Show

It takes about 30 minutes to get the house ready to show... and we had our first "canceled" no show today. I'm not going to lie. It kind of sucks.

Today I had a call requesting an appointment to show the house from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. So I planned to run home for an "early" lunch and get the house ready. I was on my way home at 11:20 a.m. when I received a call requesting to change the showing to noon. I said OK and hurried on home.

From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. we ran around in a frenzy trying to get the house ready. At 11:55 a.m. I was waiting on cookies to come out of the oven. I quickly placed them on the cooling rack and ran out the door at 11:59 a.m.

We went to Chipotle to grab lunch so that Daniel and Sophie would be out of the house during the "showing." At 12:30 p.m. {at this point the showing should theoretically be under way}, I receive a call telling me the appointment has been CANCELED because the buyer decided to focus their look in another area of Charlotte.

That is fine and dandy. I don't really care that they don't want to live in our area of town. But answer me this: Why are you scheduling appointments in an area you don't want to live in??? Your lack of planning and consideration caused craziness on my part and it is not appreciated. Also what is the point of "canceling" your appointment when it should be in progress? You could have just let it go and we would have been none-the-wiser.

At least the house was ready for the two showings we had this evening {one of of which was a 2nd showing from a guy that looked on Wednesday and said our house was on his short list}.

2 comments:

  1. It's horrible that you had to go through all that trouble and out of your way. They should be more considerate of the sellers. I hope one day you will see the light at the end of the tunnel and this will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad we don't have kids - that would be a lot harder. Our dog just thinks it is fun to get to ride in the car... normally house showings means she gets to go to the greenway for a walk.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...