Saturday, May 01, 2010

52 Books in 52 Weeks: Book 16


In recent weeks, I have been really off with my eating habits and while I have been running fairly regularly, I would like to add some strength training to my regimen. In order to get motivated, I decided to read Making the Cut by Jilian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser). 

This is a no-nonsense book for people looking to shed their final 25 pounds. It is pretty strict 30-day diet and fitness plan... I don't know that I can stick to the meal plan EXACTLY at this moment in my life, though I do plan to use the recipes to start cooking again and eating foods that are healthy. 

Quotes from the book: 
You can change your life by changing your mind... it's your mind that directs and drives everything you do... 
Responsibility means not blaming anyone or anything for your situation.
Keeping a food journal allows you to study any patterns that may emerge and helps you identify where you may be able to make more healthful changes. 
Anxiety is born of fear, and fear is our number-one saboteur when it comes to achieving our goals.
Use perceived failures and misfortunes as a catalyst to push you toward bigger and better things.

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read those quotes TONIGHT....Thanks for sharing..

    Have 2 great giveaways that I am drawing for on Sunday night
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/oh-happy-day-and-giveway-no-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the quotes helped. The one about fear really spoke to me. I don't feel like I am a fearful person, but the older I get, little fears creep in and take root.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...